Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
To use this service you must have a full-service Sioux City Public Library card in good standing. If you have fees on your account of $5 or more, your request cannot be processed.
Not finding something in our online catalog? We can try to borrow books (excluding textbooks), audiobooks, DVDs, music CDs, or magazine/journal articles from another library through interlibrary loan. Also…
- Please check our online catalog to verify that the Library does not own this item.
- We cannot request items published within the last 6 months.
- There is a limit of three interlibrary loans per borrower at one time. This includes requests that are pending, in process, shipped, and received/in use.
- Interlibrary loan requests cannot be renewed. If you need more time, ask staff about requesting a second copy of the title.
- Borrowers are responsible for paying any fees imposed by the lending library.
- There will be a $3 fee per item for materials not picked up within 7 days.
- For lost or damaged materials, borrowers are responsible for paying a $10 processing fee in addition to charges assessed by the lending library.
- You will be notified as soon as the item arrives or if we are unable to locate a lending library.
To make an interlibrary loan request, please visit a Sioux City Public Library location or call our Reference Desk at 712-255-2933 ext. 2221.